1.25.2011

So this week is my last week off before I start my big girl job (super excited to get a paycheck!), and I'm celebrating that fact by watching an ANTM (America's Next Top Model) marathon. Tonight, I'm going to the Adventure Science Center in Nashville with Matt and a new friend in the nurse residency program. It should be fun! It's for 21+ only, and you get a couple drinks and to play on the equipment with no kids around, lol. I'm looking forward to it.

Since I have passed the NCLEX (!), I have been selling off my books on half.com. I only have one left to remind me of that torturous year. It actually wasn't torture. You guys know I'm a nerd and love school and can't wait to go back fro my Master's...although, watching Matt go through all of this reading and papers, I begin to wonder...

I got a library card yesterday, so that makes me feel more like a Nashvillian. I checked out the first season of Pushing Up Daisies, because my friend said it's really good. I also checked out a whole bunch of exercise videos, because I'm hoping I'll be more likely to exercise if I can do it in the comfort of my apartment. We shall see...so I thought it was interesting that everything is self-checkout at the library and that it was the way of the future, but Matt told me Kirkwood's library has done that for years :P

Matt got me this nursing calendar for Christmas, and since I'm starting my job as an RN soon, I thought it would be fitting to share some of the quotes from the pull away calendar that amused me:

It's entitled "The Advantages of Working Nights, Sleeping Days, and Never Having Two Days Off in a Row."

-Avoid rush-hour hassles and traffic jams, plus be able to find great parking spots.
-You can use your work schedule to get out of almost any undesirable invitation.
-You'll save money that you might otherwise have spent on weekend outings, holiday gifts, or social affairs that you're unable to attend.

I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment