Matt, Christy, and I went to Chicago for the second annual NYE bash. Matt and I spent a couple of days hanging out with one of my best friends from college. He took us to some really good restaurants, and we went shopping on Michigan Avenue (I'm totally jealous it's within walking distance of his apartment). We met up with Carlie and Christy and returned to our favorite coffee shop, admired the Zoo Lights at Lincoln Park Zoo, and, of course, had NYE dinner. Don't we all clean up well?
Carlie has a 4 month old kitten, and he was so much fun to play with. He was definitely a little ball of energy. We just wished the energy turned off when we were trying to sleep! He had too much fun randomly attacking our feet in the middle of the night.
Visiting Carlie and Darein in their own apartments got me all excited to move into my own apartment!! I'm moving in 6 days...wow. I'm almost finished packing...except for the big stuff. We're loading the truck up on Friday and leaving early Saturday morning. I am NOT looking forward to lugging my furniture all the way upstairs. This has been my room for 12 years (minus the stints at college). So. weird.
One of my New Year's resolutions is to keep my apartment cleaner than I did my room here at home. I have good intentions at least!
I'm noticing on facebook that a lot of my nursing school friends start their new jobs tomorrow. That is so crazy. I am excited for them but glad that I have a break until the 31st to gather my nerves together and study for the NCLEX. I honestly haven't been studying lately, because I discovered Stieg Larsson's Millenium trilogy. These books are so good! I am resolute to start studying when I get down to Nashville and pass those boards!
You look gorgeous (as always) in the NYE picture! Can't wait to hear about the move, etc. Pictures of your new place soon, please? :)
ReplyDelete