So before I talk about how my first day of orientation at Vanderbilt went, I wanted to talk about this crazy weekend a little bit. Some of the girls from the divinity school and I went to a town south of Nashville to do a little shopping. When we got downtown, it was a little crowded, but we didn't think anything of it. We went in all the cutesy (and expensive!) shops, and when we came out later, the entire street was blocked off. Apparently it was a big day for Franklin, as their theater that first opened in 1937 is being renovated and it was the day they were going to light up the sign! We had fun snacking on all the free food, popcorn, and champagne. However, when it came time to leave, we realized we were very close to the theater and barricaded in. All of a sudden, everyone had a very strong opinion on how we should get out of there and were either very angry at us for making them move to let us leave or rushed to get a cop to help us out of there. Oy. It turned into an interesting day, and it was a good time!
So today I had orientation at Vanderbilt. It was very organized, and everyone seems very nice. It really seems like they want our transition to be as smooth as possible. I had to get my blood drawn for a titer for chicken pox, so that was a little scary. I'm such a bad nurse...I dread blood draws...even though I know the entire drill! It's ridiculous. Anyway, I got my ID today, and it made me feel very official :) Can't wait for more orientation tomorrow and talking to more cool people!
1.31.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment