Matt and I ventured over to the Country Music Hall of Fame yesterday, and it was pretty fun! I was upset at first when I saw the sign saying you had to have a valid Tennessee license to get in for free, but it ended up working out after some explaining of my situation. There was some neat things in there. The inside of the building with the foyer and the staircase is cool, and they have a ton of stuff in there. It was fun, because I like more modern country and country/pop/rock crossover stuff, and Matt likes more of the old country like Johnny Cash and all that jazz (not the genre, haha). You could spend a lot of time in there. I enjoyed the 24 karat gold plated piano that once belonged to Elvis and also a car painted with crushed diamonds. There was also someone's car that had handguns attached to various parts of the car...weird. Anyway, I got to see Taylor Swift's pretty dress she wore at the CMA's in 2009. I would put pictures up, but there was no flash photography, and my pictures are blurry. I was thoroughly disappointed at the lack of Dixie Chicks anything in that museum. I asked a volunteer about it, and he smugly said they used to be there, but not anymore. I don't think anyone has the right to try to erase something from history just because they don't like it. Get over their ideology, people.
We also went to the Frist Center for the Visual Arts (also free) with Jaye and Peter. The building is really cool, and it was a fun time. There was an Impressionism exhibit, and while I know nothing about it, it seemed thorough and well done. Everything I learned about art history was in Vienna, so I only know about Renaissance, Baroque, and Classical artwork...and definitely nothing about French art, because Vienna had a rivalry with their royalty. Oh well. I'll wait for an exhibit on that!
Matt and I went to a Presbyterian church today. It was kind of cool. They have a house where board young people out of college while they volunteer for a year at a nonprofit in Nashville and figure out what they want to do with their lives. One of the people that did the program actually studied abroad with me in Vienna. Small world, huh?
1.16.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment