1.05.2011

I am getting so anxious! I'm moving to Nashville in 3 days!!! This is insane. I've known since November I would be moving to Nashville in January, but for some reason it's unreal. I hung out with Matt and his sister today, and we got our hair cut. I figured out I should get it cut before I go to Nashville and don't know who to trust with it. Matt's leaving to go back to Vanderbilt tomorrow, and that will officially be THE LAST TIME WE HAVE TO MAINTAIN A LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP (obviously you don't know what life brings, but for the forseeable future anyway). I feel after 6 years (minus summers and the first 9 months we dated), I could write a book like this.



Although, this book would probably be a waste of money, because there really is no secret other than commitment. Oh, and you have to be willing to talk...and often. I think the next resolution I will have will be to include more pictures in my blog posts. I'll try to put in ones I take as much as possible.

We were sitting in the hair salon, and this little old lady comes in with her walker and literally plops herself down on the seat next to me...uncomfortably close almost. We talked with her a little, and she looked over my shoulder at the magazine we were reading. Good thing she was cute. I asked her about her rings, and she was wearing one legitimate looking ring and 3 plastic ones she said she got out of boxes of some kind. They looked like little kid rings from a Cracker Jacks box, and one was even missing its little plastic jewel but she didn't seem to notice that.

I gave Matt a few boxes to take with him to Nashville. I am officially starting to move out!! I'm reading up on my benefits and such, and I feel like I need to read a whole book about setting up retirement funds and such. Ugh, adult stuff.

Everyone's status is about studying for the NCLEX, but I haven't started yet. I should probably be freaking out, but I figure I'll have a week or so to study with no distractions in my new apartment. I can't wait to decorate it! That's the most fun part about moving I think. :)

Some of my high school friends are getting together for dessert at the Melting Pot on Friday to say good-bye to me. It's really sweet of them to plan that. I am going to seriously miss having old friends around. Love you, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I just Googled it and Nashville's only 5 hours, 11 minutes from my front door. I think a visit is in order! :)

    On a more serious note, what route are you taking? Because I could meet you somewhere along your journey if you're driving nearby... Let me know!

    ReplyDelete