Hello everybody! I'm back after a short hiatus where I crammed for the NCLEX (the test for RN licensure). I took it yesterday in Brentwood (a cute suburb of Nashville), and I really hope it went well. I may know by tomorrow what my results are if 48 hours includes non-business days. Of course, they require to you pay a fee before you can get your early results. It's kind of stupid, because it's a completely computerized, multiple choice test, and they could tell you the results right away. Anyway, I'm trying not to think too much about it. I wasn't nervous during the test (even when they were giving me a palm vein scan and taking all of my fingerprints). Matt said he got a pat down to make sure he had nothing on him, so at least I wasn't subjected to that! They also video and audio recorded us during the test, so it's intense. I wasn't nervous until after the test, because I was thinking, it's all out of my control now. I thought about how I didn't even have one math question on the test and how I couldn't even recall many specific questions. I'm distracting myself this weekend from obsessing about the test by having fun :)
As my Nanny reminded me on the phone yesterday, I only have one week from Monday until I have to start being a working adult. I'm sad all this fun is going to come to an end...well, hopefully not all the fun will come to an end. Since my last post, I went to a spinning class with my friend Jaye, and it kicked my butt! Even the middle aged ladies in the class had more energy than me. Last night, Matt and I went to a Mexican place in Nashville everyone says is amazing, and it was really good! It's called Taco Mamacita, but it's not traditional Mexican at all. I think one of my tacos had mangos in it...the guacamole was amazing. Matt and I watched Persepolis (which is a beautifully made movie about the Iranian revolution), and we're going to a concert and comedian at the Divinity School tonight. Should be fun!
If you haven't seen yet, I have pics of my apartment up on facebook. I love it. I love how the sun shines into my apartment during the day, and I don't even have to turn on any lights. I don't think I will like it so much when I have to sleep during the day. I also don't like having to kill my own bugs. They make me want to cry. At least they aren't crickets, though.
Right now I'm enjoying my time being lazy and watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer...oh how I miss you 90's. I'm going over to the little gym my apartment has later.
I forgot to tell you some exciting news (at least to me!). So when I was a senior at DePauw, I bought tickets to go see the musical Spring Awakening with my roommate and to come home and everything from Indiana that weekend. Well, I ended up having a concerto competition that weekend and had to sell my ticket to a friend. Well, guess what!! Spring Awakening is coming to Nashville next month!! I am so excited about it! There's one good thing about moving to a new city...I thought I would have to wait until the tour came back to St. Louis in a bajillion years. I'm hoping to buy my tickets soon!
1.22.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment