7.19.2009

An Introduction

I decided I wanted to give this blogging thing a try. To be technical, though, this is my third blog I've had. I had a xanga (that counts, right?) back in middle school and attempted to keep a blog of my travels in Vienna and beyond in 2007 (and failed miserably).

My main reason for starting this blog is a very personal one. I've been going through a lot of changes in my life recently--I graduated from college in May, and I decided Fall of my senior year (for reasons I'll probably explore here later) that I wanted to completely change the direction my life was going and go to nursing school. I feel like I'm going through some sort of identity crisis. It makes me feel weird to admit that because I feel like that something a high schooler should be dealing with, but I'm working on trying to figure out more about what I want from life and what I believe about the world around me. My boyfriend (five years going strong!) suggested that I write down my thoughts and put them into coherent sentences in order to make sense of them. Writing in a journal frustrates me because it takes too long for me to write down my thoughts as quickly as they come to me, so here I am!

Tomorrow, I'm shadowing a nurse that works with cancer patients (she's the mother of a childhood friend I grew up with in church). I'm super excited to get the chance to get a glimpse (a looong 8 hour glimpse) of what her job entails at the Siteman Cancer Center. One thing I like about nursing is all the different specialties and options there are to choose to work in. I'm interested to see if I could see myself doing what she does in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Yay I'm so excited for your blog! I want to hear how your job shadowing went!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! It's not five years yet, boo. Getting there though ;)

    Very excited about this blogging thing. Hope it goes well for both of us.

    ReplyDelete