I've been getting really excited lately for school to begin. I know, I'm a nerd, but I just love learning and get such fulfillment out of knowing I've learned and committed new information to memory and then proving myself in class. I'm taking Anatomy and Physiology II, Microbiology, Nutrition, and Orchestra (SO excited to pick up my violin again!). I'm feeling pretty special, because I'm probably one of the few students to successfully enroll at three of the four St. Louis Community Colleges at the same time...haha. I had to get the true community college experience.
Beside my class schedule, I've added on some out of school activities. I'm going to be an alto in the St. Louis Chamber Chorus (a professional chorus I'm taking part in with the added bonus of being PAID!), working weekends at good ole Grant's Farm (it'll be me and all the old people after all the college students leave!), and volunteering with the BJC hospice.
I know it may sound busy, but that's the way I like my schedule to be. I don't like to be bored. It's one of my biggest fears this semester that I will be lonely. It's going to be so different living at home without at least 100 sorority sisters and other friends to hang out with! Carlie, Christy, and I are going to get super close. I've already written in a whole bunch of free events going on in St. Louis that we can go to in the Fall.
I somehow also have to figure out how I'm going to fit in trips to go see Matt in Springfield and friends in Chicago and Omaha. Why do all my friends have to be so spread out? It's ok. I feel like I have friends wherever I decide to go in the U.S. :)
After this semester, I will officially start nursing school! This year's going to bring on a lot of changes for me, and I'm not scared at all...in fact, I'm really excited! I feel like my life has direction, so bring it on, world!
8.13.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Get it girl!
ReplyDeleteYou are so weird that you like to be busy. I prefer a low roar of work and activities. But ultimately I agree: being busy sure beats the alternatives.
I know you are going to do well :)