Crickets. I HATE them. As we all know, I'm living back at home, and my room's in the basement. As long as I've been living down there, there hasn't been a summer where I haven't found these things in my bathtub, on my rugs, or most traumatizing of all, in my bed. Now, I know that you may laugh, because they are harmless creatures. But let me tell you something. They are one ugly bug. I recently took it upon myself to look them up on wikipedia, and I found them. They are called camel crickets. People often call them spickets, because they very much look like a cross between a spider and a cricket. What's worse is that they lurk like spiders. They just sit there very calmly and hope you don't see them. However, don't let them fool you. They are one of the hardest things to kill! They're so dang fast. If you hesitate at all in executing your plan of hitting them with your object of choice, they will do one of two things: 1. They will jump onto you, because they're stupid and like to hear you scream. or 2. They will somehow disappear into thin air. It's very important that you get them on your first shot. I'm an expert at this. Trust me...been doing this for years.
So basically, this summer has been the worst infestation yet. I had to kill two of them in one day. My dad bought some sort of spray, and although now our basement stinks, I haven't seen one in a few days. What scares me, though, is that I haven't seen any dead ones either. I'm imagining them all huddled up and thinking of a plan to get back at me for all these years of killing them (one of my biggest fears, don't laugh). Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, or maybe I have paranoia issues.
Anyway, I leave you with a picture that makes my skin crawl every time I see it. Shivers.
Wow.
ReplyDeleteYou are crazy. But I'm glad you finally did this. It will help with the process of addressing your fear... Hahah maybe I need to have a spider post!
I was unaware of your fear of crickets. I will make sure I don't tell you if I see one. Except I'm not good at spotting bugs, so you would probably see it first anyway.
ReplyDeleteok, totally agree with the cricket hatred. 'cept the ones @ our house are the typical black ones. I HATE THEM. i don't mind most bugs, but there's something creepy about house crickets (& grasshoppers) have exoskeletons -- it's the crunchiness that bugs me (pun, haha), i think. ugggh. and you're right, they're fast as hell.
ReplyDelete