9.11.2009

Always Remember

I was in Mrs. Tiefenbruck's (awesome teacher, by the way) class watching the television when I heard about the planes crashing.

I'm just feeling very solemn today.

I had a roommate in college whose mother died that day. A man later told her that her mother had given him her spot in an overcrowded elevator. Since she gave him her spot on it, he was able to get out of the building. She unfortunately did not. Her story just made it all the more real to me.

It seems like the country is so divided politically right now, but it gives me hope in that when this tragedy happened eight years ago, we were all able to put our differences aside and provide support for each other. We are a strong and resilient country, and I'm very proud of that.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, Emily. It is interesting as we move farther and farther away from this tragedy, and how we talk about in the public space.

    I was in Ms. Lockwood's homeroom class when we turned the news on. Very confusing at the time. It will be a day that we will all remember, for sure.

    ReplyDelete