9.24.2010

I am so exhausted. Is it sad that what I'm looking forward to most this weekend is sleeping 9 hours tonight? mmmmmm

I had my first pediatrics test today, and it went very well! I hope I can keep my motivation up. I'm just too excited to move on and get a job and be a real nurse and make people feel better and save the world!! This is the first time I'm actually looking forward to winter and cold weather, because it means I'm that much closer to graduating! Darein wants me to come visit him in Chicago, and I told him I would have all the time in the world after December 18th...especially if I can't find a job right away! He got a new apartment downtown, so yes, I have a friend who lives in actual downtown Chicago (and another really great friend a little farther out who sends me lovely inspirational post-it notes) :) I suppose it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to have some time off. I hear from Vanderbilt on Monday (I'm hoping), and this waiting thing has been the worst. I'm so not patient.

Speaking of patience, I had an awesome patient (ha!) this week at the hospital. He was a little 35 day old baby, and I just got to feed him and change him, and hold him all day. He was one of the cutest babies I've ever seen...and I've seen a lot of babies after being on the labor and deliver floor. The girl in his room was so cute, too. She was a 3 year-old girl, and she was so bored. We played flashlight tag together, and she gave me a hug when she got discharged. I could get used to that.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Darein - come to Chicago!

    I'm crossing my fingers and hoping you get good news today!

    ReplyDelete