6.03.2010

I've gotten really lucky with this week. Monday was Memorial Day holiday, and today I don't have clinicals because my preceptor is sick. I only have online class this Friday as well. This should give me sufficient time to study for mental health and adult health tests on Tuesday, right?? Guess we'll see...

I had to go to an AA meeting today for mental health class. They wanted us to get exposure to a 12 step program. It was really interesting. You do really open up every time you speak with "Hello, my name is ___, and I'm an alcoholic." And then everyone says "Hi, ___." I can see how those support groups are really effective. The members are very honest and raw with their experiences they share with each other. They have great comeraderie and bond on a deep level as they share their (sometimes) common experiences on the way to achieving sobriety. Nothing especially surprised me about the meeting except that I wasn't expecting everyone to be so welcoming. This group is obviously doing a good job.

Anyway, I should go back to the basically self-taught online course that I'm paying by the credit hour for a professor to teach (no, no bitterness at all).

1 comment:

  1. OHMYGOD, RINGS?! YOU HAVE TO TELL ME ABOUT THIS! AAAAAAAH!

    ReplyDelete