Yesterday morning, my entire family rode together (it was really cute) to make it possible for me to get to the Megabus stop by 8:30 AM. My Megabus experience was MUCH better this time, as there weren't that many people riding on a Tuesday. I also made sure I sat on the level that the three little children weren't on. I love kids, but not being in confined spaces with them for 5 hours. It was a pretty uneventful ride beside an old lady trying to set me up with another young guy on the bus.
I found Carlie's apartment all by myself (well, with her directions and calling her a couple times, too, haha). I then went to see where she works, which is in this pretty, older building. The space is a lot bigger than I imagined. She's such a real person with her real big girl job! We then got some pad thai (yum!). I do have to say that Carlie and I had it for the first time together last summer at the Festival of Nations, so I feel like it's a special dish for us, haha. Anyway, then we went to Molly's Cupcakes. Oh. My. Gosh. These were the best cupcakes of my LIFE! I'm obsessed with the Cupcakery, but the Ron Burgundy cupcake was by far the best cupcake I've EVER had. It was a chocolate cupcake with chocolate icing and chocolate and peanut butter chips on top. Here was the thing that stood out to me that the Cupcakery doesn't do...it was FILLED with peanut butter. We also had a cupcake filled with raw cookie dough, and that was delicious as well.
Anyway, Carlie and I watched Glee and just had a fun time talking. I miss her. I wish she would move back to St. Louis! But, alas, I am being selfish. Right now, I'm just sitting in Carlie's apartment lazily waiting for lunch to roll around to meet her. I think I'm going to hit up Lincoln Park and the zoo this afternoon (cross your fingers it doesn't rain). Then, Darien and I are going out to Dos Diablos for dinner with some friends of his for Cinco de Mayo (which apparently they don't celebrate in Mexico??). I just looked up their website, and it's the grand opening. This should be a fun time. Darein took off tomorrow, so I'm sure we'll have tons of fun doing touristy things together (he's such a good sport). Carlie and Darein are such good hosts. I'm loving this little vacation. Must not think about having to go back to nursing school...
5.05.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I miss you too!! Come back to Chicago and we'll get yummy cupcakes again :)
ReplyDelete