This week has been GREAT. I've loved having no homework or studying or shoulda/woulda/coulda's looming over my head during break. Although, I would be lying if I didn't say I've looked at my NClex review book a little bit (just a little!). Jillian's worse than me. She came to talk to me at Macy's and had her pharmacology flashcards with her!!! (barf)
Nanny and I had a good time eating at I-Hop and seeing Date Night while she was here. We went out to eat for a friend's birthday and just so happened to go to a restaurant that was participating in Dine Out for Life, which benefits those being treated with AIDS and its prevention. Going out for her birthday was just twice as nice as it was for a good cause.
Today, my family (minus mom) went to see the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street. It was pretty decent. I love scary movies in the moment, but they usually give me a scare later on in the night (hence why I'm not taking my usual nightly shower right about now but waiting until tomorrow morning). We also went bowling, and I think we can fairly say that we were the highest scoring family there. I was personally pretty proud of my 105 ;) That's good for me.
Tomorrow, I'll be packing for Chicago. I can't believe I leave in two days! Matt pointed out to me that I'll be in Springfield in 9 days. I'm going to be down there for about a week. I'm glad I'm getting out of St. Louis during this break. I won't be able to do it for a long while after craziness..I mean school...starts again. I got my schedule in the mail the other day, and I almost wanted to cry. I have two classes that start at 7 AM. On top of that, I'm taking 20 hours. This is going to be a very interesting semester, because Matt will be home now. I'm wondering how I'm going to balance my time between giving he and my family just enough attention to not feel totally neglected (about all you can ask of this program) and, of course, studying. It'll all work out I'm sure. Everyone in my life is so supportive.
Oh, P.S. Has anyone else heard of this new technology in movie theaters where, I presume, you pay extra to have a seat that vibrates and moves with the action in the movie on screen? I had never seen that before today. There was a section of red seats in the back we weren't allowed to sit in unless we had a special ticket. I'm curious as to how much it actually adds to the overall movie experience and if it's worth the extra money.
I leave you with a quote I saw on a friend's status that I really like. "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success."
5.02.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like that quote. I agree with it. I've never heard of those movie seats - I'll have to look into it. See you soooon!
ReplyDelete