4.07.2010

This week has been pretty great! Matt sent in his decision today, and drum roll please....he's going to Vanderbilt for his Master of Divinity!! I'm so excited for him! I'm so glad he's going somewhere not so far away. I also can't wait to move to Nashville! I love getting to know other cities. Maybe this is a little wrong for me to think like this, but this is almost like a larger scale study abroad for me, haha. I've heard nothing but great things about Nashville as a city. Vanderbilt University Medical Center has an awesome Nurse Residency program for new grad RN's (and it's one of the top hospitals in the country), so I'm excited to have a clear goal and idea of what I want to see happen after graduation in December.

The semester's wrapping up, and the end is in sight! I'm trying to stay motivated, because I have a lot of borderline grades in my classes (unfortunately an A- is a 91, I believe). We'll see how that goes. I'll know that I've earned every bit of my grades this semester, so I should be happy. It would be nice to do well, though. I got an NClex review book today from Amazon, so I'm excited to use that to study. Why am I excited over a review book for licensure?? I know I must be a crazy RNtoBe now.

I've had high spirits this week. I did really well on both tests that I had on Monday, and usually when I have two on one day, one grade suffers but not this time! I thought my luck couldn't get any better when I won 2 free tickets to see a Cardinal's game (100 dollar tickets on the field level right behind 3rd base), but one of Matt's friends is getting married that day!! That would happen to me, haha. Oh well.

I am super excited about this weekend! Matt's coming into town to take me to see Legally Blonde the musical. I was just listening to the soundtrack, and it sounds like so much fun. I'm such a sucker for musicals. Love them!

I started my first week of participation in a research project (paid of course) involving a computer program aimed at helping young women with their body image. I'm interested to see what kinds of things I'm prompted to think about during the course. I feel like I've heard it all about how our culture values beauty and thinness so much, but I know that I still can't take it all to heart. Anyway, I'm excited to be part of it. I think the results will be published with the NIH (national institute of health).

We've been learning about ears lately in class, so I thought I'd leave you with a lovely video of a guy with a live roach caught in his ear (they use really bad technique, though, so ignore that part)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgLWl1bjH84&feature=related

2 comments:

  1. Haha I think I'll skip the video but point out the fact that you said the roach was in his year instead of ear. My cousin says Legally Blonde the musical is really good, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it! I'm glad you're excited about moving to Nashville...Carlie and I will have to come visit sometime...maybe I should move somewhere new, too...

    If you're not busy on the 13th, I'd like to take you out for a birthday dinner, and then we can watch Glee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Nashville and Legally Blonde and good grades!! Boo cockroaches in ears.

    ReplyDelete