I'm sitting outside right now soaking up this beautiful day. I think this weather has just gotten me in the blogging spirit, since I don't usually blog this much. I went to class today and then studied with a study group outside for a few hours where we ordered pizza and ate girl scout cookies (yum). My friend's house we went to is so beautiful. It's a historic home and is about 100 something years old. I would love to know the history behind it. She says there's a book about it somewhere.
It's so hard to concentrate when it's 70 degrees outside (be very jealous, Carlie). I know I need to buckle down, though, because I'm going to have a couple, if not three, tests a week from now on.
I've also been thinking a lot about grades lately because of some other reasons. Hopefully Matt doesn't have a problem with me saying this on my blog, but he got accepted to Vanderbilt with an awesome scholarship and stipend for grad school. I am so proud of him! He's such a dedicated student and a very thoughtful person. I know he'll do great with divinity school. If you have not realized the problem with this picture yet, Vanderbilt is in Nashville, Tennessee, and I am in St. Louis, Missouri. Granted, Matt hasn't committed to Vanderbilt yet (still waiting to hear from a couple schools), but Vandy is such a good school and they gave him the best deal. It's looking more and more like that will be his choice.
Obviously, this gives me a lot to think about. I have no idea what's going to happen this year, but I know it's going to be a big change and exciting. I'm kind of excited by the prospect of moving to a new city and trying to get a job at a world-renowned hospital (Vanderbilt University Medical Center). Part of me is terrified. All of me doesn't want to continue a long distance relationship for three more years. All I can do right now is wait. And dream...
3.10.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't want you to move!! :(
ReplyDeleteThat's great news about Matt, tell him congrats for me (but also stick your tongue out while you do it, I wouldn't want him to think I LIKE him or anything, bahahahaha).
ReplyDeleteYou have a great head on your shoulders, you're brilliant, & you have so much to look forward to! I LOVE YOU!
I am very jealous of your 70 degree weather. I think I like St. Louis weather a little better than Chicago weather. You have lots to think about and I'm curious to see where it all leads!
ReplyDelete