2.07.2010

No More Snow, Please

There is just too much going on to post about everything right now. I had my first two tests last week in pathophysiology and health assessment. I was very proud of how I did with pathophysiology, and I didn't do too badly on health assessment (but not as well as I'm used to). They say it will take us a while to get used to these application-type questions. Let's just hope it's sooner than later! But I can always remind myself of this: C equals RN, haha.

I had the best weekend. It was just the break I needed from the ho hum and stress of school. Matt and I celebrated Valentine's Day this weekend, since we won't see each other next weekend (hopefully I won't hear too much about the real Valentine's Day, yuck). He surprised me with roses (which are so beautiful I wanted to capture them in pictures here) and a box of chocolates (note: this is always a good thing to get me). He then blindfolded me, and I opened my eyes to a dinner at P.F. Chang's. It was so much fun.





Aren't they beautiful? I need to figure out how to get the date and time not to show up (I just realized it's not even the correct time or date, lol!).

I have time to write a blog post now, because I am finished with the two tests I had this week. We'll see how those went. I have a feeling that most of my weeks are going to have if a test, if not two. Gosh, I'm boring myself writing about my life right now. I've been thinking a lot lately about how much I miss DePauw...weird, right? I'll go tell myself to snap out of that...what could I possibly miss about Greencastle, IN? I also miss singing. I sang for about 2 hours straight today. Mom, if you're reading this and wondering if I'm considering whether I made a mistake pursuing nursing, that's not what this is, haha. I'm just really happy that I can sing now, and it doesn't feel like a chore. I sing for my own pleasure now.

I went back to David's Bridal to get shoes for Olivia's wedding this week. She picked shoes with 3.75 in heels, so I will effectively be 6'2" in them. I'm not sure I'll be able to walk effectively. At least I'll have something to blame my usual clumsiness on ;) My mom and I have been watching "Say Yes to the Dress" like crazy lately (you don't have to be engaged to watch the show!), so we had fun at DB. What do you think of this dress? I thought it was pretty princess-y and fabulous.



Let's see..I can't really think of much else that's going on. I'm going to Cunetto's for a friend's birthday this weekend and I'm pretty sure it's a St. Louis staple, so I'm excited for that. I also decided that since we're going to an Italian restaurant, I'm going to learn how to sing "Happy Birthday" in Italian (hope that wasn't a copyright infringement right there ;)). Also, I am resolved to work out more. It's such a great stress reliever, and I feel so much better after I work out...not to mention that I hear almost everyday how we as nurses should be an example for our patients. I'll let you know how that goes!

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe, I like the pictures of the roses, they looks so wonderful!!

    I wish I would have been able to take you somewhere more romantic than PF Chang's, but it was a really fun night :) Except for the fact that they stuck us on the wobbly table!! Hahaha, love you darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love "say yes to the dress"... i'm only a little ashamed to admit it, haha. it's so fun to watch, once i got sucked in for three hours straight!!!

    i can't believe those shoes are soooo tall....... they didn't look that crazy in person, but i'm a little worried! at least we could just saw off the extra, right?! haha. i'll be sure to wear taller ones so if you guys are in pain i'll be in pain too. ;)

    also, that matt guy did a good job -- gorgeous flowers, & you know how i feel about chocolate.

    ugh, i miss you soooo much!

    ReplyDelete