1.21.2010

1 Week down...41 more weeks to go

Well, I'm almost 2 weeks into my journey to become a nurse (maybe not quite that since MLK day crept in there), and I've already had mixed emotions about my experience.

I can tell you that I have some intelligent, inspiring, professors that care about our success in the program. I also have a very diverse and interesting fellow students, and I like that.

First of all, what I don't like is my commute. Yuck. I used to think the commute was my time to relax but it's not relaxing in the rain and in traffic and when there are 2 separate accidents on the way to school and you are 15 minutes late even though you left 15 minutes early. Yes, that was a run on, but I needed to vent. At least I get to listen to NPR and stay in touch with the rest of the world that way.

I also don't like that I am already getting stressed out about classes and boards (which are still a year away). I'm going to try to cope better. I know that I can do it, and I'm committing to staying positive no matter what RIGHT NOW. I'm going to enjoy nursing school.

I look forward to the challenge, and I've already learned so much and am so thankful for that. Ok, back to my 8 chapters of pharmacology I have to have read and have understood by next week. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ah! You are doing great darling! I am fully in support of you :) You are the best. Love you darling.

    I love that you are now an NPR-head.

    ReplyDelete