10.23.2009

I Don't Trust GPS's

So life never ceases to amaze me. How I think things will go is NEVER how it ends up, but that's most of the fun comes from, I think.

So that French restaurant we went to for Christy's birthday was really great. Since it's cold outside now and the restaurant is on a rooftop, they put a temporary roof up with space heaters to make it cozy and comfortable. We could see the arch from our table, so that was great.

Erica's wedding was beautiful. Finding her reception was not so beautiful. It's easy to look back on now and just laugh, but at the time, I was so frustrated. We started following googlemaps directions to this place, but we missed a TINY HANDWRITTEN SIGN (not even close to eye level) that said to go down this certain road to the reception site. How could we miss such an obvious sign, right? So we call Carlie's sister to get her GPS's reading, and we end up going a different way until we come upon a road block because of construction! We end up going back the way we came from and finally saw that (dumb) sign. You would think at this point that we ended up at the place we wanted to be. Instead, we ended up at the golf course across the street, went inside, and ended up at a completely different reception! Carlie and I walked in and didn't recognize anyone. So we ask for directions from a bartender, and we get lost AGAIN. Let's just say that we ended up driving ON a golf course where only those little golf carts are supposed to drive. I'm not making this up, folks, and if you know my sense of direction, you know this could happen to me. Carlie and I didn't feel so badly, because there was another couple at our wedding that accidentally showed up at Josh's reception across the street, too.

Well, at least I caught the bouquet.

The next day, I woke up and was horribly sick all day. I feel badly, because I think Matt caught it from me. He came down this weekend for Fall Break, and we're trying to make the best of it with him sick. We're planning on seeing my choir professor's chamber group, Tenebrae, sing at the Basilica tonight. Cross your fingers he feels better!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha my favorite part is that you drove onto the golf course. That's just rich... love you :)

    ReplyDelete