12.11.2010

A week from today, I will be graduating from nursing school. Can anybody believe the time went by so quickly? I have 2 more 12 hour shifts to get through, and I'm done! We're having our graduation ceremony at Powell Hall, home of the St. Louis Symphony, and I think that will be a very pretty place to graduate. I feel badly I never did make it to see a concert this year...anyway, I'll be singing the national anthem at graduation. I'm excited to sing in such a nice space, but I need to start practicing more. I have a choir concert on Sunday as well, so this will be a week full of song.

Speaking of a concert on Sunday, this will be my last concert with the St. Louis Chamber Chorus. I have really enjoyed the last year and a half singing with this amazing group of singers. They have been so welcoming to me, and I even get to end my season with them singing in a sextet (no jokes!!) on Sunday. I have really appreciated the opportunity to sing with other professional musicians and be exposed to new repertoire. One more thing I like about the chorus is the venues we get to sing in, and I have gotten to sing in some very pretty cathedrals and even a temple. I hope I can find a similar group to sing with in Nashville. It would even be nice to start taking voice lessons again!

So I called P'sghetti's today to get tons of food for after my graduation, so anyone is welcome to come! This is one of my favorite places in St. Louis. They have the most fabulous bread recipe. I also ordered a cake from MacArthur's bakery, so I'm pretty excited about the blue and gold icing balloons on it (Goldfarb's school colors).

Also, Matt is coming home on Thursday!! You know what? This will be our last stretch of long distance. Finally after five years, we will be going to live in the same city as of January 8th. So. crazy. I'm so excited!!

1 comment:

  1. SOOOOO happy for all the exciting changes in your life! :D Love you very much and will be calling tomorrow (hope that works?!).

    ReplyDelete