11.11.2009

Whirlwind

This period between my last blog post and now are probably some of the most eventful weeks for me. For one, I got into an accident (not my fault) while on the way to visit my hospice patient the day that I was going to visit Matt in Springfield that totaled my car. Luckily no one was hurt, and that's really all that matters in the end I suppose. I was determined to see Matt that day, so I sucked it up and drove down there anyway (thanks to my parents letting me borrow their car).

We had an awesome weekend together. Matt and his roommates had a really fun Halloween party with lots of dancing and crazy costumes and candy. We ended up being a cat and mouse :) The next day, we did a little shopping, danced together in a park, went to an amazing Italian restaurant (where the server spilled my wine all over the place), and watched a scary movie on Halloween night as is appropriate with his friends. Oh, and I can't forget the peanut butter pancakes! It was so good to see him, and I miss him so much just talking about him.

So a few nights later on the way to an extra choir rehearsal in my parent's car, I got into ANOTHER accident (fault to be determined...imho it's her fault, but I could be biased). Guess it's true bad things come in two's...or maybe it's three's...I should probably watch out. So while this is all very tragic, the one good thing I got out of this is a really cute new little car that's an '08 Nissan Versa. I love how it looks, and I love the way it drives.

In other news, I got a seasonal job at Macy's to just make a little extra money since Grant's Farm's season is over. I figure if I can handle working in retail on Black Friday and the Christmas season, I can handle anything. Be on the lookout for crazy stories about crazy customers for sure.

This weekend, I'm going to visit Darein in Chicago, so I'm super excited for that. I'm excited to see where he's living now and meet some of his friends he's made. In other Chicago related news, one of my best friends just got a job offer in Chicago and is moving there in a couple weeks. It all happened so quickly, but it's hitting me that she's leaving. I'll miss her tons, but she's now just another reason to visit Chicago even more! At this rate, if all my friends end up moving to Chicago, I just may have to live there, too :) That wouldn't be so bad at all.

1 comment:

  1. I'll miss you too! You're welcome (and encouraged) to visit me whenever!

    ReplyDelete