Hello again, blogworld! I guess it's about time for my seemingly monthly post (definitely don't do that purposely!). Currently, I am watching the new movie version of Sherlock Holmes...not because I've heard it's any good (I've actually heard terrible things), but it was supposed to be shown at the park on Wednesday and I LOVE going to free, new activities like that. Speaking of this park (it's my favorite in Nashville), there was a shooting there a few weeks ago. This surprised me and shook me up a little, but, as Matt pointed out when I told him this, there was an execution-style double murder at a Steak n Shake right by my house a couple years ago. You just never know. Anyway, that was the only free Movie in the Park I could have made it to. My luck is such that I work EVERY Wednesday the rest of the month when they show them, so that's great.
Speaking of my job...I was in the last group to self-schedule for the month of July, and it ended up terribly for me. I now know that I need to schedule right at the stroke of midnight and need to have ALL my days I want planned out. Oh well, I guess I learned this time. I'm just frustrated, because I unfortunately ended up with EVERY Saturday night in July. Great. Also, I'm working when Matt's family comes down to go to the Smokey Mountains, so I obviously cannot go, and Matt's friends from college are coming down a weekend in which I work every day. Great. I don't want to sound whiny, because obviously only working 3 days a week has its perks (such as my 8 day vacation last month without using vacation days), but sometimes I wish I weren't awake and bored at 1:30 AM on a Thursday.
Bored isn't the right word. Lately, I've felt really...restless. I'm not really sure why. I crave for an adventure...to do something new and different. I don't even know what. I know I just moved to Nashville 6 months ago and started a job, but I still feel this way. I feel this need to do something new everyday. One of Matt's books he's reading for class said something about feeling restless. I can't remember now, but it was something negative and meant your soul is missing something. I've thought maybe I need a creative outlet back in my life...I need to look more into taking voice lessons. I would really like to audition for the Nashville Symphony Chorus, but I don't think it will be possible for me to get off every Tuesday night for rehearsals. Maybe I need to find some way to volunteer? I applied to volunteer at the Red Cross, but all the orientation training dates don't work with my night schedule.
The things most on my mind lately have been the wedding, Criminal Minds, and money. I'm excited to go home for the 4th of July weekend, because we're going to look at about 6 potential places to have the reception. Matt, both of our families, and I are going, so I'm excited to have everyone's input. I want everyone to be happy, and I'll be more excited about someplace if everyone else is, too. Hopefully, it will be smooth sailing after picking the reception site. I also L-O-V-E fireworks, so therefore I love the 4th of July. Anyway, I have become obsessed with Criminal Minds, and it is Matt's fault. We have rented some seasons from the library. Thanks to that and ION TV, we might have seen them all soon. I'm kind of in love with Dr. Reid, but don't tell Matt ;) As for money, this is super dumb, but I have to start paying back my student loans starting this month and I'm starting to worry about money. It's daunting to know I'll be paying off something for 10 years. Matt has been worrying, because he doesn't get his stipend during the summer, so maybe he's making me nervous, too. I don't know. Weddings are a big expense, you guys, but I know that money is not all that matters so I need to stop worrying. Like right now.
Anyway, I hope you all are doing well and not feeling restless like me :) I did forget to say that I bought a groupon for a makeover over 4th of July weekend, so maybe I'll have to put pictures up later! Love you all.
6.17.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment